Sunday, September 9, 2007

THE BIG DAY FINALLY ARRIVES

June 13, 2007

A week after my due date, I was admitted into the hospital to be induced. I was not dilated or effaced at all!!!! Doc started the Patossin at 12:30pm which was the same time that he broke my water. By about 1:15, my first epidural (that's right...FIRST) was being placed. There was one moment during that fun little adventure that freaked both of us out (and the anesthesiologist too). The needle had already been inserted and the anesthesiologist was threading the epidural into place. He told me I would feel pressure, not pain...he was wrong!!! There was a nice little tweak and I flinched and we all realized just how badly that could have gone. Thank God nothing came of that. At that point, I was dilated to 1cm and effaced about 80%. By about 4:30pm, there was a large "hot spot" on my right side that was excruciating. I was given my second epidural and fell fast asleep. At 4:30 when the epidural was placed, I was dilated to about 4 or 5 cm. By about 6:00, I was told I was dilated to about 9 or 10 cm and would be pushing within 30 minutes. Christopher was born at 6:58pm. Our life as a family (and not just a couple) had now begun!

No comments: