Sunday, September 9, 2007

August 28, 2007

Jay, Cindy, Christopher and I made it to the Jacksonville Landing today. Jay and Cindy wanted to take the water taxi across the St. John's River. Cindy had researched and discovered that the longest trip would occur if we started out at River City Brewing Company so we went there for lunch. I was a little concerned about Christopher being fussy, but he finally calmed down and we were able to enjoy a nice lunch. I was surprised at the quality of cuisine that we got for the price. What a deal! My understanding though is that the dinner menu is much more expensive and not much fancier (for lack of a better word). In other words, I HIGHLY recommend going for lunch!

After lunch we took the water taxi across to the Landing. I nursed Christopher during the journey. With a full belly, he fell asleep shortly after we got to the Landing. We walked around for a little while before we decided to make our way home. Unfortunately we stopped at the world's worst "Super" Wal-mart where they only carried about half of the items we were looking for!

Once we made it home, Cindy showed me how to make Lo Mein. We ate dinner and eventually played a riviting game of Pictionary. Cindy and I were WAY behind, managed to catch up and take the lead only to lose the game in the end. It was funny playing, even though it did get pretty late.

No comments: