Sunday, September 9, 2007

August 24, 2007 - He really DOES roll!

August 24, 2007

11:15AM – Christopher had a GREAT night! It was his second night in his own room. Tim and I are loving it. I think we are all three sleeping better. Christopher had a bath last night and then we got ready for bed by saying goodnight to some of the things in Christopher’s room and some of the things that he plays with during the day. Then Christopher nursed while I read “Goodnight Moon” to him. I’d like to read to him before he’s nursing, but he just got too cranky. Tim and I are probably going to buy a swivel glider for his room for me to nurse him during the night, we just have to decide where we are going to get a good one. So I nursed Chris around 9PM and put him in his crib around 9:40. I grabbed him around 11:30 (didn’t wake him though) and nursed him for almost an hour – he slept while he nursed. He then slept until 4:30, nursed for about 1 hour, and then went back to his crib for an hour (at about 5:30). Normally this would have frustrated me, but I had gotten lots of sleep during the first go round AND I had taken a nice long shower and slept for about 30 minutes before I woke up and fed him at 6:30. He then slept until about 9:45. He’s been up since then – getting a clean diaper and outfit, eating and playing on his mat on the floor.

Now, the reason I’m writing this entry is because I was SO excited about his play time. I put him on his tummy and he rolled over onto his back again. Thinking it might have been the blanket underneath the portion where his head rests (for protection) that had given him a little assistance in the roll, I decided to remove the cushion. That didn’t stop my little guy; he rolled over 2 more times all on his own! I recorded some of the 2nd time (from side to back) and all of the third time so that we have some proof! Not bad for a 10 week old! And now he’s been playing on his back ever since that last roll over (that’s been over 15 minutes now)!

No comments: