Sunday, September 9, 2007

August 14, 2007

August 16, 2007

Christopher had his two month checkup today where he got 4 vaccines -3 shots, one oral. He was understandably upset, but calmed down fairly quickly afterwards. I must say, when we put him down on the table to be injected (after I gave him the oral vaccine) I was about to cry just knowing what I was doing to Christopher. I’m still a little concerned about the side effects and whether vaccinating Christopher was something that we should do. The primary reason we finally decided to go ahead and vaccinate was because of the exposure that all three of us will be exposed to – Tim is at a number of different client sites every day, I am exposed to at least 50-75 students per day (when I’m teaching), and Christopher will be in the school system too. Believe me though, I’m still worried about the decision – God, I pray that we made the right decision.

My clogged milk duct is still clogged. I called my doctor to find out if there was anything else that I could do or take to get rid of this thing. Unfortunately, they never called me back with an answer, so I have to wait until tomorrow to call and get an answer. I am feeling a little better, but I’m not sure that means this thing is about to pass through. We had issues last night – I ran out of milk on both sides (or at least Christopher wouldn’t nurse off of either side any more) so we gave him one of the bottles that I had expressed and put in the freezer. The only problem was we had issues getting the milk through the nipple (apparently the fatty milk was clogging it up). So far today everything seems to be going well, but it wasn’t until last night that we had issues, so fingers crossed that tonight will go better!

We have another big day tomorrow – going to DA to pick up the rest of my stuff and drop some other stuff. I hope it goes well, from what I’ve heard, a baby’s worse day is the day AFTER the vaccination is given. This could bode very bad for us! I’m going to be optimistic about it all though and believe that Christopher will do GREAT…heck, maybe he’ll sleep the entire time!

No comments: